Division of Environmental Management

Residential Permits and Cash Sales

Permit Application - fill out print and bring to the office for processing

Residential Permits may be purchased at the Forty West Landfill residential use lot, 8:00am. 2:30 pm, Monday through Saturday.  Bring the vehicle you wish to permit so the permit can be placed on the vehicle.  You may bring trash at that time for unloading alter purchase of permit

Only general household trash is covered under the Residential Permit. Construction/demolition debris is not covered under the permit.  Effective July 1, 2012, yard debris will be covered under a S15 Yard Debris permit.  Additionally, use of the Green recycling bins and Cardboard Only recycling bins at all Convenience Centers will be covered under a $36 Recycling Permit.  Each permit is now available individually.

Cash Sales: Any county resident can use the landfill on a cash basis.  A residential permit is not required for cash sales.  We accept cash or checks.  Credit cards are not accepted.Rates are $52 per ton for general household waste, $75 per ton tor construction/demo debris, and $63 per ton for yard debris.  Other rates apply for special waste.  There is a minimum scale fee of $10.  We advise cash sale customers to be on the scales by 3:00 PM to allow time to unload.  The In-Bound Scales close at 3:00; the Out-Bound Scales close at 3:15 PM. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Scrap Tire Permit: Any customer hauling more six or more tires to the Landfill is required to obtain a Temporary Scrap Tire Haulers License from the Maryland Department of the Environment.  Please call 410-537-3314 for the license information.

Residential Convenience Centers
(Residential Waste and Recyclables Permit Holders Only)

Dargan Convenience Center
2201 Dargan School House Rd
7:30-3:30 Tues-Sat

Greensburg Convenience Center
13125 Bikle Road
7:30-3:30 Tues-Sat


Hancock Convenience Center
6502 Hess Road
7:30-3:30 Tues-Sat

Kaetzel Convenience Center
2926 Kaetzel Road
7:30-3:30 Tues-Sat